Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 2 - Hayti, Missouri....should be Hades, Mo.

The day started off great...temp. was great...good breakfast...left Cookeville and had a wonderful start to a beautiful day...After 180 miles on this tank of gas, we started looking for a service station...there were none to be found...we were in a very rural area...Alan kept saying we can go 240 at least...(I was skeptical)...after 39 years you would think I would learn to trust him.  Well, we finally found a gas station...and began to think, if gas stations are this few and far between I bet restaurants are too...and we were beginning to think about lunch. 
 Bad Bob's  BBQ in Tennessee
So I put food in the GPS and it said we could eat at Bad Bob's BBQ.  We found it and it was wonderful pulled pork that we all enjoyed.  I had to think of Hank Haskins, when they had bologna steaks on the buffet. 

When we finished eating Wright and Pat Bagby texted me and said they were crossing the Mississippi.  We were 30 miles from our destination and about 15 miles from Wright and Pat.  Piece of cake the day will be uneventful....not so..time to go to dinner...will finish later..the saga continues.  We put the hotel in the GPS...no problem...we would go straight to the hotel....NOT SO...we were
directed down gravel roads...in very remote countryside.  After turning around about 3 times...David decided his MAP was better than our GPS... After making 3 calls to the hotel...we were told donot use the gps...get on I-55 and take exit 19...and low and behold there the hotel was....needless to say I will be sending a comment to GARMIN....they definitely need to fix this.  By this time Alan and I had used up all our nice words and all of our deodorant. 
I tried to take a picture when we crossed the Mighty Mississippi...but the Healey is so low all you get is the railing....But I did get a picture of the Missouri sign.    More to come tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot of eating going on. Don't forget you have to be able to fit in that little car coming home. LOL! Happy Trails.

    Aka Wanda

    ReplyDelete